Kingdom Arts and Sciences will be hosted by the Shire of Shadowlands on November 3, 2001.
Melissa, the autocrat will need help with this.
The proposed site is the new Rec Center at University Apartments.
According to Melissa's bid (quoted):
1) Site fee would be $10 per adult, children 5-12 $5, under 5 free with a family maximum of $30.
2) Lady Abigail Pinel the former Minister of Arts and Sciences would autocrat
3) The cost of the side board is included in the site fee
4) In the side board I would have a variety of veggies like marinated
mushrooms for example, assorted raw veggies, and I plan to do some
research on period veggie only dishes like onion tarts (if there are any vegetarians at the event I don't want them to walk away hungry, and the people like me that will eat anything won't mind that it has no meat), an assortment of meats and meat pies for people that don't like any veggies, bread with flavored butters (cinnamon butter, honey butter, etc.), a beef and/or barley stew, and an assortment of desserts like apple tarts, spiced pears, maid of honor cakes, cookies, etc. There is also a cold strawberry soup that I've (Melissa) been wanting to try if the budget ends up permitting it. Also, if the budget permits, hard boiled eggs with sauce, cold pastas and/or rice dishes, and assorted tarts (cheese tarts can be pricey).
5) I e-mailed Sir Alexis about any additional requirements the horses would need, but I have not heard back from him yet. I also plan to e-mail Sir (The Chronicler assumes she means Don, soon to be Master) Eule about any special requirements for the falcons if we get the bid.
6) The site is officially open from 11am till 11pm, but they said
if we give them enough notice they should be able to let us in at 8am or
9am. Like the horses, I won't be able to get this info finalized
till Monday but do not foresee a problem.
Last updated 06/01/2007
Please see full disclaimer and copyright notices.
Copyright 2006 SCA/Shire of the Shadowlands
Contact the Shadowlands Virtual Scribe (Webmaster)
*Indicates a link to an entity outside the control of Virtual Scribe (Webmaster)
*Indicates a link to an entity outside the control of the SCA Shire of the Shadowlands.